Sunday, December 16, 2007

Chicago Recap

I've been scanning pictures like mad, so here's a few interesting ones along with quotes from our Chicago interviews:


John Lee:
"They were so fucking loud and I just loved it. How could you not fall in love with a band of guys that are completely mild mannered and loud as fuck? You have to love them."





Andy Cohen on promoting the band:
"Basically if people hear your band and like it, they buy your records. If they hear your band and are indifferent to it, they don't. And that's kind of the bottom line."



Tim Midgett:
"We were together 24 hours a day for long periods of time, we'd sleep in the same room, we'd spend hours talking about stuff, arguing about stuff, getting over fights or whatever. You know, long periods of time where you're locked in a van with this person for hours on end. Any little thing about their personality that could irritate you would start to irritate you immensely for a little while, and then you'd get over it, something funny would happen. And that would go on for months solid chunks of weeks at a time. You don't develop relationships like that with anyone other than the people your romantically involved with or in a band with...I know Michael and I know Andy better than I'll ever know anyone in my life except my wife. Even my daughter, I'll never know her as well. I don't know my parent's that well and I don't my know my siblings that well."



Jeff Tweedy:
"The thing that struck me the most about their music, I felt like we had a lot of similar points of reference and what they were doing sounded nothing at all like what I was doing or really what anyone else was doing with those same points of references. It felt much more monolithic and artistic...really unified and really unique, I always loved bands like that- a group of guys get together and kind of band in some sort of unified vision that no one else would really care to share with them except these three guys."



Chris Manfrin on playing with Tim and Andy in Bottomless Pit:
"I'll never stop thinking about Michael. I use his snare drum at all times. It's something that makes me feel connected to him whenever I play; makes him part of the scene. He's always there with us in whatever journey we decide to go on."

Thanks to everyone who made this trip a blast! Our next trip is California in January.

-Seth

2 comments:

(tall) Chris said...

Those pictures of Michael are great.

Jim said...

Great photos and I love John Lee's quote and concur with it.

Mild mannered rockers and loud as fuck about sums S'worm up for me.

Cheers~